Shiatsu is a Japanese finger pressure massage that encourages the flow of energy in the body. This self-treatment is very energizing and stress relieving. It doesn’t require massage oil and can easily be performed over clothing. Try it on your arms, legs, or wherever you feel a muscle ache.
- Get comfortable in your seat.
- Begin to relax your body, muscle by muscle.
- Press your thumb or fingertips into any area where muscles are tight.
- Apply firm pressure for five seconds, then move to another spot.
- Take a deep breath and focus on relaxing your body as you apply the pressure. Don’t be surprised if you feel the benefits immediately!